Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Apache version

Apache version
« on: July 21, 2016, 02:07:09 PM »
Hello,

I've recently started using SME Server in production, and am finding it a perfect fit for what I require. However, I was just wondering about how to get the latest version of some packages.

It seems like the latest 2.2 version of Apache is 2.2.31, whereas my SME server is on 2.2.15 which is six years old, even after running all the updates. Is there an easy way to upgrade SME server to 2.2.31? I apologise if this is covered elsewhere, I just have been unable to find any info. Perhaps this needs to be done by SCL? I'm just worried about putting such an out of date version up on the open web.

Thanks!

Offline Daniel B.

• +0/-0
    • Firewall Services, la sécurité des réseaux
Re: Apache version
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 02:33:14 PM »
This is just how our upstream works (CentOS, which comes from Red Hat). Most softwares are frozen to a specific version to ensure API/ABI/behavior stability. Security issues are backported, so you're safe
C'est la fin du monde !!! :lol:

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 02:45:07 PM »
That's brilliant, and thank you for such a fast reply - really put my mind at rest!

So does that mean I can also consider the bundled 5.1.73 version of MySQL secure?

Cheers!

Offline Daniel B.

• +0/-0
    • Firewall Services, la sécurité des réseaux
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 02:52:11 PM »
Yes, as long as you install available updates from the default repositories on a regular basis.
C'est la fin du monde !!! :lol: