Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Setting up an I-bay for an outside user

Offline JRBATM20192021

• +0/-0
Re: Setting up an I-bay for an outside user
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2021, 10:04:20 AM »
Okay So I got lets encrypt installed and it is ready to go. However I seem to be having some errors. It is telling me that my connection is not secure and that emails can not be verified that they were sent from there email address. I thought I had the SSL lets encrypt all good and ready to go because the website was seeing it and it was all happy saying secure connection then I tried to install it again with the mail.domain.com/webmail so I can get the emails to work so after doing that I have the mail.domain.com/webmail saying that it is verified by letsencrypt but my regular website no longer says that. I tried to reinstall it from scratch but that didn't work. Also my emails still say they can not be verified. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong I think I screwed something up somehow but I am lost so I thought I would ask again. Do I need to wipe the certificate off of the server and start over or what do I need to do??

Thanks.

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2021, 10:28:04 AM »
We can't help you if you don't help yourself.

You have just said "I installed but it seems broken"

Please read that guide again and explain EXACTLY the steps you took, which of course you wrote down as you went?

We have a pretty good idea of where you are wrong but not making guesses without some careful, detailed explanation.

We're trying to help you here, but that starts with you helping yourself to help us.

Be methodical and careful and precise and tell us the exact steps.
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Offline JRBATM20192021

• +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2021, 10:01:32 AM »
Well...... I didn't want to write a book to explain what I did but I got it figured out. It wasn't an sme problem at all so never mind.

I am to the point where I want to be with this server Thank you all for your help I appreciate it!

Last 2 questions of a couple of things I am curious about but can't find anything on them.

Is it possible to program a send later for the emails like you know Gmail and Outlook have in sme server?

Also I am not sure if this is an SME Server thing or not so I apologize Is it possible to program the logo of a company into the url?

Thanks.

Offline TerryF

• grumpy old man
  • +6/-0
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2021, 10:23:48 AM »
Also I am not sure if this is an SME Server thing or not so I apologize Is it possible to program the logo of a company into the url?

Not hard to accomplish, BUT, might piss some off, open source distro being rebranded for your benefit or are you simpley saying you want a homepage with your biz details?  second option is simple, yes its in the wiki.

Is it possible to program a send later for the emails like you know Gmail and Outlook have in sme server?

What client are you using to send emails?
--
qui scribit bis legit

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2021, 11:00:09 AM »

I don't believe so. It is more a client function than a server function.

Mail servers expect to send mail immediately, and retry for a period if they can't get through.

Programs such as PHPList for mailing lists have a delay function, but essentially it is a client program, not a server in its own right.

Is it possible to program the logo of a company into the url?

Can you explain this a little more clearly. Re-branding what exactly?
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Offline JRBATM20192021

• +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2021, 11:28:10 AM »
I wasn't meaning through a client to send emails I meant directly on the server that makes sense though thanks.

On the logo in the URL I wasn't meaning to talk about rebranding The company wants to put there logo in the url like Logo shows in the url description then https://www.domain1.com/. I will take a look at the wiki. Where is it in the wiki if you have it off of the top of your head?

Thanks.

Offline sages

• +0/-0
    • http://www.sages.com.au
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2021, 12:18:35 PM »
something like this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon
If so google be thy friend.

Offline JRBATM20192021

• +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2021, 09:14:50 PM »
Yes!! That is what I am looking for. Thank you!!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 09:16:35 PM by JRBATM20192021 »

Offline JRBATM20192021

• +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2021, 08:25:02 AM »
Hi Again,

Trying to get FTP clients set up to upload to the server but they said that the connection times out and they can't get connected.

So I can access the server via ftp locally via a static IP I have the server setup to Accept FTP connections from anywhere. I can access the server via ftp via a hotspot. However, If I try to access it from an DCHP connection I get the same thing the connection times out and I can't get connected.

What its doing is acting like its connecting and it even says connected loading directory then it says connection timed out retrying and it keeps doing that.

So I think it is something to do with the security Is there anyway to do it without Explicit Encryption with tls? Or is that a must?

I can't find anything in the wiki yes I looked. We also are doing everything right from the directions.

I'm sure its just something I don't know yet I have a fully built and ready server just trying to get all of kinks out now.

Thanks,

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2021, 01:14:16 PM »
read the logs instead of guessing what is happening.

yes you can do it without tls, but you can also just post your login and password with a copy of all your precious files on a public forum. This is pretty much as secure. 

Offline JRBATM20192021

• +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2021, 07:09:51 AM »
The security is fine It is actually nice just didn't have that before with sme 8. I read the log report I don't understand what is wrong it seems to be some setting is not set right but once again I don't know because I reviewed all of the instructions in the wiki and I am quite certain I set everything up right and the instructions are simple just like setting up the I-bays was. Also I am sure it is just a setting because the SSH or terminal window works on the networks from the outside just not the FTP.....

Here is the log report

**Unmatched Entries**
 pam_unix(ftp:session): session opened for user admin by (uid=0)
 pam_env(ftp:setcred): Unable to open config file: /etc/security/pam_env.conf: No such file or directory
 pam_unix(ftp:session): session closed for user admin
 pam_env(ftp:setcred): Unable to open config file: /etc/security/pam_env.conf: No such file or directory
 pam_unix(ftp:session): session opened for user chuck by (uid=0)
 pam_unix(ftp:session): session closed for user chuck

When I go to connect from the outside network that doesn't work it says

then it goes

Command:   MLSD
Error:   Connection timed out
Error:   Failed to retrieve directory listing

Again not sure what is wrong but with my trying to make the USER Remote access work I might have messed up something with the FTP? Not sure with this one still......

Thanks.

Also With the hotspot I said it had worked now it will not work. So I can't get into my server via FTP from any network other than the servers own even though I have it set for Anywhere on the internet.

Update Got a new log from trying yesterday

Same errors as the day before which I posted above.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 11:20:07 AM by JRBATM20192021 »

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2021, 01:06:45 PM »
what software for ftp?

Offline JRBATM20192021

• +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2021, 08:50:45 PM »
Sorry Forgot to mention that.... Filezilla and WINSCP

Offline JRBATM20192021

• +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2021, 09:06:47 PM »
One thing I should mention is before I added the software to do USER Remote access to chroot a user to a certain file I didn't have this problem... I could get in from an outside network VIA FTP. I also installed a whole bunch of updates like an idiot because I was hoping the USER Remote access software was in the updates. So is there a command I could use to restore all previous settings without uninstalling the USER Remote access and the Lets encrypt Security Certificate? I should add I had issues trying to install the Letsencrypt Security Certificate and you guys gave me this link https://wiki.koozali.org/SME_Server:Adding_Software#Restoring_Default_Yum_Repositories and I was able to install it. Is the code I need in there to undo time per say?

Offline JRBATM20192021

• +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2021, 10:49:50 AM »
Okay tried the link that I listed below when I wrote that yesterday. Logging in from an outside network via FTP worked great using the admin login. However nothing else worked. Again However now it won't work at all again.

I have read your information on this and I have done everything correctly.

You guys said read the instructions then ask for help that is what I am doing now.

Thank you.