Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Koozali SME Server v11 2024-04-26 - view from the coalface

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
Koozali SME Server v11 2024-04-26 - view from the coalface
« on: April 26, 2024, 06:01:20 PM »
Well.

I saw the last post had 450+ views. And no comments  :???:

So there are watchers and lurkers, but just the same few people doing the work  :sad:

Latest new then. JP has migrated from Yum to DNF. That was not without a major struggle and some insanely long nights spent coding. He is a machine. With a wife and a young family......

And on top of that he has hacked Maria DB so we now have Maria 10.5.x as the base. It's going to be tricky handling DB migrations from the contrib based SME v10 Maria 10.x to the new version. But we'll get there!

On top of that there is various work on the mail transports. More on that another day.

Brian has been busy hacking the new server manager while Terry and Zsolt have been busy breaking things. As normal  :hammer: :lol:

We still have a number of issues to resolve but you can feel it is getting much closer already. Amazing.

We are waiting for Trevor to get back from his travels to do more wok on the build system and we can then consider looking at a ISO.

If I sound like I am repeating myself..... please remember that the group of people building this is tiny.

Many of you run businesses, or support clients businesses on Koozali SME. We do it for nothing in our spare time.

So please make sure you donate some of your hard earned profits to keep the infrastructure running (it is not free).

Or even better, come and help us as it is manpower we need the most.

You do NOT have to be an IT guru. We like tinkerers! We can teach you how to help us. Testing, documentation etc.

If you want a Koozali v11 and beyond, don't just sit there. Contact us, get involved, and learn something. We won't live forever!

Have a great weekend!!

1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation