« on: February 08, 2023, 12:21:15 PM »
Salve a tutti..per errore installando un server nuovo ho lanciato

config setprop qmail MaxMessageSize 50M
   config setprop qmail MaxMessageSize 80M
    config setprop qmail FreqWeekend every5min
    config setprop qmail FreqOutside every5min
    config setprop qmail FreqOffice every5min

ho scritto qmail invece che fetchmail....

Non so se dipenda da quello, ma sta di fatto che non riesco a configurare nessun account in fetchmail...

/var/log/maillog dice solo

Feb  8 11:50:01 servernas fetchmail[3909]: impossibile trovare il nome canonico DNS di mail.myisp.xxx (mail.myisp.xxx): Nome o servizio sconosciuto
Feb  8 11:50:01 servernas fetchmail[3909]: Stato dell'interrogazione = 11 (DNS)
Feb  8 11:55:01 servernas fetchmail[4471]: impossibile trovare il nome canonico DNS di mail.myisp.xxx (mail.myisp.xxx): Nome o servizio sconosciuto
Feb  8 11:55:01 servernas fetchmail[4471]: Stato dell'interrogazione = 11 (DNS)
Feb  8 12:00:01 servernas fetchmail[5396]: getaddrinfo("mail.myisp.xxx","pop3") errore: Nome o servizio sconosciuto
Feb  8 12:00:01 servernas fetchmail[5396]: POP3 connessione a mail.myisp.xxx fallita: Successo
Feb  8 12:00:01 servernas fetchmail[5396]: Stato dell'interrogazione = 2 (SOCKET)

config show fetchmail

fetchmail=service
    FreqOffice=every5min
    FreqOutside=every5min
    FreqWeekend=every5min
    Method=standard
    SecondaryMailAccount=popaccount
    SecondaryMailPassword=poppassword
    SecondaryMailServer=mail.myisp.xxx
    status=disabled

Ho confrontato la configurazione con altri server che ho funzionanti ma non vedo nulla di diverso..

Dove posso controllare ?

Grazie

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
Re: Fetchmail
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 01:44:27 PM »
impossibile trovare il nome canonico DNS di mail.myisp.xxx

Quindi qual è il nome dell'ISP e del loro server di posta in modo che possiamo guardare?
Non influenzerà la tua sicurezza :-)
L'ISP ha chiuso il servizio POP3 ed è passato a M$? Molti hanno.

So what is the name of the ISP and their mail server so we can look?
It isn't going to affect your security :-)
Has the ISP closed its POP3 service and moved to M$  ? Many have.

1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Offline simone686

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 10:44:22 PM »
Il mail server è Aruba e le impostazioni le ho copiate da un server funzionante, account a parte.

Il log maillog è esattamente come appare.

Ho provato con un  account diverso (serverplan) ma non appare nulla lo stesso.

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 11:25:33 AM »
Se vuoi che ti aiutiamo, rispondi alle domande.  Non chiediamo loro divertimento o troppo tempo sprecato.  Non abbiamo informazioni sul tuo server.  Sei i nostri occhi.  Dimentica gli "altri server".  Sono irrilevanti.  Questo potrebbe essere un errore di battitura o un problema DNS o qualcos'altro.  Eliminiamo una cosa alla volta.  Mostra il server di posta esatto che stai utilizzando in modo che possiamo testare noi stessi.  cat /etc/fetchmail e rimuovi le password e incollale qui.  Vai anche al server manager e trova in basso a sinistra ed esegui il rapporto di debug e incollalo qui.

If you want us to help you please answer the questions. We do not ask them for fun or too waste your time. We have no information about your server. You are our eyes.

Forget the 'other servers'. They are irrelevant.

This could be a typo  or DNS issue or something else. Lets eliminate one thing at a time.

Please show the exact mail server that you are using so that we can test ourselves.

cat /etc/fetchmail and remove the passwords and paste here.

Also go to server manager and lower left find and run the debug report and paste here.
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Offline simone686

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 12:10:42 PM »
"Also go to server manager and lower left find and run the debug report and paste here."

Sorry..i don't understand what to do...

I copied this email settings from tb client tha run correctly

cat /etc/fetchmail

#
#   Mail N1 Account for : simone
/usr/bin/fetchmail -l80M -d0 --silent --syslog -i /var/lib/fetchmail/.fetchids  --fetchmailrc - <<EOF
set postmaster "postmaster@mycompany.local"
set bouncemail
set no softbounce
set properties ""
poll mail.newtekinformatica.it with proto POP3 timeout 60 and options uidl no dns
  user 'simone1\@newtekinformatica.it' smtpaddress mycompany.local with password 'xxxxxxx' is simone here fetchall
  smtphost 127.0.0.200/25
  antispam 550
EOF
#
#

On server manageer i have set

Modalità scaricamento e-mail   Standard (SMTP)
Autenticazione SMTP   Accesso SMTP e SSMTP

Thanks

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 09:21:53 PM »
"Also go to server manager and lower left find and run the debug report and paste here."

Sorry..i don't understand what to do...

Please read the manual.

https://wiki.koozali.org/SME_Server:Documentation:Administration_Manual:Chapter13#E-mail_Retrieval

https://my.server.com/server-manager

Go to Miscellaneous, Report a bug, Create Configuration report.

Paste it somewhere like pastebin so we can see it.

I copied this email settings from tb client tha run correctly

cat /etc/fetchmail

#
#   Mail N1 Account for : simone
/usr/bin/fetchmail -l80M -d0 --silent --syslog -i /var/lib/fetchmail/.fetchids  --fetchmailrc - <<EOF
set postmaster "postmaster@mycompany.local"
set bouncemail
set no softbounce
set properties ""
poll mail.newtekinformatica.it with proto POP3 timeout 60 and options uidl no dns
  user 'simone1\@newtekinformatica.it' smtpaddress mycompany.local with password 'xxxxxxx' is simone here fetchall
  smtphost 127.0.0.200/25
  antispam 550
EOF
#

Does your machine hosting Thunderbird really use a fetchmail file and mycompany.local ?

I'm not sure where that fetchmail file comes from? But it is not relevant to Koozali SME. Don't use it.

Use the server manager to set this up correctly. Add the correct information and the server will generate the correct files for you.

On server manageer i have set

Modalità scaricamento e-mail   Standard (SMTP)
Autenticazione SMTP   Accesso SMTP e SSMTP

Thanks

It might help to stop guessing and read the manual.

Remove these - they are not for fetchmail.

Code: [Select]

config setprop qmail MaxMessageSize 80M
   config setprop qmail FreqWeekend every5min
   config setprop qmail FreqOutside every5min
   config setprop qmail FreqOffice every5min

And fetchmail is disabled:

Code: [Select]
fetchmail=service
    status=disabled

I think you will find your /etc/fetchmail will be empty if you use "Modalità scaricamento e-mail   Standard (SMTP)"

For POP go to the server manager and you will need to set Email retrieval mode to "multidrop mode" and add your 'secondary' server settings.

You will then get a /etc/fetchmail file.

Note that multidrop has many idiosyncracies. If you have multiple accounts you may want to add smeserver-fetchmail to assist once you have the basics working.
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2023, 11:09:39 AM »
se ti connetti ad una shell sul server che ha il problema, riesci a risolvere/pingare il server mail.myisp.xxx ?

se la risposta è no, allora il problema è chiaro

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2023, 01:36:26 PM »

Casella di posta del dominio
(@nomedominio.estensione)
pop3s.aruba.it:995   
imaps.aruba.it:993
smtps.aruba.it:465

Casella di posta gratuita
(@aruba.it o @technet.it)
pop3.aruba.it:995
imap.aruba.it:993
smtp.aruba.it:465

[!] Per l'utilizzo della configurazione in SSL è necessario che il client supporti almeno la versione TLS 1.2 o superiore.

Offline gromit60

• +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 12:38:31 PM »
Domanda: è possibile ridurre il tempo di esecuzione di fetchmail a meno di 5 minuti? Se sì, è sufficiente dare il comando config setprop oppure occorre impostare un template?

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2023, 01:29:34 PM »
email is not instant messenger. 

reducing fetch to less than 5 minutes will create more issues than it could solve. It is quite frequent that fetching takes more than 2-3 minutes to download a huge message and scan it with anti virus.  As a result if you reduce the time between two fetches you will have one start before the first ending and then another one and another one…

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2023, 01:32:26 PM »

reducing fetch to less than 5 minutes will create more issues than it could solve. It is quite frequent that fetching takes more than 2-3 minutes to download a huge message and scan it with anti virus.  As a result if you reduce the time between two fetches you will have one start before the first ending and then another one and another one…

Precisely.

If it really is that important, use a different transport.....
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki

Offline gromit60

• +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2023, 08:19:16 PM »

Thank you much! I'd not thought to this issue. Usually I prefer to redirect the mx to SME and use fetchmail where it is not possible but some customers moan five minutes is too long time.

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2023, 08:41:35 AM »
Thank you much! I'd not thought to this issue. Usually I prefer to redirect the mx to SME and use fetchmail where it is not possible but some customers moan five minutes is too long time.

in this case customers must be educated..