Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Squid blocking access to sites on VPN network?

Offline Peasant

• +2/-0
Squid blocking access to sites on VPN network?
« on: March 09, 2023, 07:59:17 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a squid settings problem or not, but here goes:

Setup: Koozali Server at remote site in server only mode, IP address 192.168.15.100. It sits behind a Draytek router that is configured to allow VPN access from me alone. I connect to it from my PC using Draytek's own VPN client. My PC sits behind a Koozali server in server/gateway mode (Local IP address 192.168.20.250), connected to the Internet using a Draytek Vigor 130 modem.

When I connect to the VPN I can access the remote server server-manager using Firefox by typing in
Code: [Select]
192.168.15.100/server-manager. I can access the remote server using Putty from my PC by typing in the 192.168.15.100. But I cannot access the server-manager using either Opera or Edge. Both come back with the error in the attached screenshot.

The reason I suspect a squid setting is that I came across something similar when squid had failed to start, and only Firefox could access websites. Any suggestions/help much appreciated thanks.
Jim

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
Re: Squid blocking access to sites on VPN network?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 02:12:03 PM »
this is normal. 
use SME server VPN. any contrib would do. 

your router connect you on a different network than the LAN.  SME only allow access to local service to the LAN not to remote network. 192.168.20.* is not the same network as 192.168.15.*

alternatively you should declare this network as also a local network with a router as point of entry for the network.  As the ip you will use for that is also the gateway to the internet, server manager might refuse to add this route.

Offline Peasant

• +2/-0
Re: Squid blocking access to sites on VPN network?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 02:30:14 PM »
Perfect, thank you.
Jim