Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

IMAP/POP3 duplicate or more instance of email received

Offline TerryF

• grumpy old man
  • +6/-0
Re: IMAP/POP3 duplicate or more instance of email received
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2023, 12:48:36 AM »
STOP THE HATE

Without knowing your servers mode, update status, contribs, custom setups, system config, no-one can answer with any degree of certainty and thats because what you are seeing is not what most are experincing. The answers to the questions help to triage whats happening
--
qui scribit bis legit

Offline JohnG

• +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2023, 01:36:59 AM »
Without knowing your servers mode, update status, contribs, custom setups, system config, no-one can answer with any degree of certainty and thats because what you are seeing is not what most are experincing. The answers to the questions help to triage whats happening

Totally agree, way too many unknowns, especially with the external mail filter, as well as the OPs apparent rudeness and roundabout way of asking questions, and attacking those that are trying to help, but that might be a cultural and/or language issue.

Anyway, back to the original duplicates problem; my advice is to create a new email account and only access it using webmail (no outlook, thunderbird, etc). Test this account thoroughly using webmail only. See if the duplicates show up again in webmail. If no duplicates then this shows that the mail server and filter aren't causing the issues.

I'm still guessing it's an IMAP synchronization quirk, but it's hard to be sure with the lack of info.

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2023, 02:20:39 AM »
Without knowing your servers mode, update status, contribs, custom setups, system config, no-one can answer with any degree of certainty and thats because what you are seeing is not what most are experiencing. The answers to the questions help to triage whats happening

Indeed.

The OP seems intent on wasting time rather than providing the required information, likely because they have been hacking around wildly and have made mess of their machine and do not want to reveal that to others.

Like I said right at the start. A classic XY Problem.

You can't help someone who is not prepared to help themselves, or who will not provide proper debugging information.

They don't even understand that I am happy to try and and help, but can do nothing unless they provide the requested information.

I give up. I have broken ipsecs to fix.

<sigh>
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation