Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Email flow schema

Offline smeghead

• +0/-0
Email flow schema
« on: Yesterday at 08:44:07 AM »
Howdy brainstrust

I would like to document the way the server handles email, inbound flow, outbound flow, & the way the server deals with client connections and their inbound and outbound flows.

At each point in the flow I'm looking to document requirements for that 'bit' to work correctly & hence build out some checks to run if problems are encountered.  I would also like to document which log file(s) hold info related to each step in the flow.

Any assistance would be welcome.

If there are any docs that already detail any of this that I could use as a start point then fabulous; the email section in the docs doesn't really address this kinda request/process.

Happy to move this to Bugzilla if the powers that be deem it more appropriate.

Cheers

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
Re: Email flow schema
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 11:35:15 AM »
Yes it would be nice to be documented.

However.

We will be changing some of this for v11 as we move from Qmail towards Postfix as our basic mail transport.

The basic schema should be similar though.

This would really be a documentation bug.

And the best place to chat it through is on Rocket where you have an account and we have a documentation channel #SME-Documentation for this.

Please note - both your notification emails from the forums @ koozali.org and from Rocket.Chat @reetspetit.info are blocked by your mail server so you are missing notifications! You should probably whitelist both domains.
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation