Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Zarus thru E-Smith

Richard

Zarus thru E-Smith
« on: June 02, 2003, 06:47:06 AM »
I am trying to get my wireless Zarus to see the network and browse the internet.  So far all I can see is the primary web site from my E-Smith server and internal web pages on the server.  Do I have to load Network Information Services?  This is a linux powered PDA with limited resources.  How do I get this thing to see the network and see the internet at large.

Thanks.

Richard

Re: Zarus thru E-Smith
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 06:49:27 AM »
BTW I have tried to download the NIS from here:
 ftp://ftp.e-smith.org/pub/e-smith/contrib/GordonRowell/RPMS/noarch/
It just times out.
The How-to is here
http://www.e-smith.org/docs/howto/nis-howto.html
Is there a way around needing this RPM?

What does it do that I could do myself by hand?

chare

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 03:44:23 AM »
I have been using my Z5600 with a Socket Low power card and have had no problem on a stock 5.6 install

Nathan Fowler

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 08:46:20 AM »
Do you have a default gateway defined and have you configured DNS settings on your Zaurus?  I run OPIE on an IPAQ and have had very little issues connecting wirelessly and accessing the internet.  My buddy has a Zaurus with a WiFi CF NIC and he can actively participate on my WiFi network and access any sites without issue.

What does ifconfig on your Zaurus look like?

Richard

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 06:49:01 AM »
Thanks for the responses.  It turned out to be something I broke on the server.  Exactly what I do not know.  But I ended up replacing the server.  It is my devloper server with all the bad stuff anyway (compiler etc...)

Thanks again

Richard

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 06:51:06 AM »
BTW,  these sent from my Zarus.