Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

ldap problem

Jeff Martin

ldap problem
« on: August 30, 2000, 10:24:29 PM »
I'm trying to configure outlook's ldap directory service to work with the e-smith server.  With outlook running in internet only mode I can get the proper user information from the ldap server thru the address book but I can't view all the users at once.  With outlook running in corporate mode I can view all the users at one time thru the address book but the users email address isn't being pulled in.  While in corporate mode I had to configure the mapisvc.inf file per microsoft knowledge base article Q200130 so that the 6606001e line contained the e-smith IP address.  Does anybody know what else I need to change in order to get the email address from the ldap directory while running in corporate mode?

Thanks

Jeff Martin

RE: ldap problem
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2000, 09:26:42 PM »
I found a free program that solved my problem and seems to be working fine.  It's the Messageware Address Book Service Provider from www.nexor.com

With the software installed I can view the entire ldap directory at one time and get the proper email information from the e-smith server while running outlook in corporate mode.  This is a big plus since corporate mode allows me to share calendars and other folders with users listed on the ldap directory.

If anyone ever figures out a way to do this without the use of a 3rd party program please let me know.

Thanks

jeffmartin@ci.wayne.mi.us