Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

WANTED: Team leaders & members

Offline dickmorrell

• +0/-0
    • http://www.dickmorrell.com
Happy to help
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 05:47:22 PM »
Happy to help in a Security function. My background is former VP of Network Security at Bechtel, Linuxcare, VA Linux, co author and founder of SmoothWall through birth and four years of growth to be largest Linux security project in the OpenSource space. Now Head of Internet Security at Europe's largest ISP responsible for 6m users.

Also contribute security fixes and contributions to four other projects.

Offline elorenz

• +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2004, 10:58:25 PM »
Hi all,
I would like to candidate for the Docs team, member or leader.
I write in spanish, english and german well enough and have 2 years experience with SME as installer, admin, maintainer and part time web page designer.
Regards

brainball

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2004, 11:07:33 PM »
1) i'd like to eather help with the template team or update team. Just as a member though
2)I can dedicate about 4/5 hours a week
3)I have experience with C, C++, java and some assembly
(Most experience is with C and embedded systems typically 8 or 16bit with small rom sizes on avarage 8-64Kbytes). I have worked with linux for about 2 years in which I went through mandrake, suse, redhat and ending up with debian.
I never really worked on a linux project allthough I do betatest for winex and couple of small projects.
4) definately a member

mbachmann

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2004, 09:04:14 AM »
1. I apply for team member update and doc team.
2. I can dedicate 3-5 hours a week
3. I have the following skills: solid knowledge of networking, hardware, OS (OS/2, Win, Linux), all kind programs+tools, script languages, little programming skills, fluent English (i guess), German.

I suggest a rotation scheme for team leaders.

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: Happy to help
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2004, 05:48:47 AM »
Quote from: "dickmorrell"
Happy to help in a Security function.

Good to see you have been doing so well, Dick. Great that you're happy to help.

One cool thing you could do would be to contribute the source code to all those fixes and improvements you were talking about on your blog.

Offline Mjohnson

• +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2004, 01:09:20 AM »
I would be happy to assist with the Doc team.  i have excellent organizational skills and network administration experience, though no coding experience.

4 or so hours per week is easily accomodated.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

guest22

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2004, 12:38:38 AM »
Hi again all,

Very nice to see that you are willing to dedicate time and effort to this project. It's much appreciated!!

We will let this request 'stay' for a little bit so others will have the opportunity to 'pitch in' whatever they can ;-)

Eventually we will setup wiki pages for each team with sub-sections to get things rollin'

We urge ALL who have not yet responded to think about their own skills and willingness to get involved. We really could use some help on this great project and everyone is welcomed to start working on it.

Don't be shy or afraid, join the project, have fun and make new friends!

Thanks again for your considerations!!

on behalf of contribs.org
RequestedDeletion

davidk

Team Member
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2004, 01:37:15 AM »
Hi Everyone.  This is my first post.  I admire the contribs sme server very much.  I would like to contribute to the success of this project.

David

1. I would like to apply as team member for the Bug and/or Update team.
2. I can dedicate 4 hours a week.
3. I have the following skills:
   Strong Linux admin skills.
   Good perl skills.
   Good problem solving (bug solving) skills
   Good RPM management skills
4. I would be a member for now.

cranky

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2004, 05:35:06 AM »
Hi all!

I'd be happy to pitch in.  I've been using SME since 5.5.  I'll work on the documentation as leader/member as you desire.  I should avg 3-4 hrs/wk.  I also develop doc's for the egroupware project.

A project mgmt add-in for xoops would be very helpful as we could then chart/organize tasks and monitor progress accordingly.

PS - why not post this initiative in the news?

BitNix

Re: WANTED: Team leaders & members
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2004, 11:36:10 PM »
I would be happy to assist in the SME development.
SME needs some streamlining to be able to stand the competition (Just look at what is comming in Clark Connect 3.0)

But - SME is too good a product just to die at the top of success.

I hope we all can find a way to bring SME onwards from the RH7.3 basis - not just for a new version, but to be able to bennefit from the rest of the Open Source world, updates and security enhancements.

SME is probably never gonna be a streamline product, but SME does what is do well - and in a way that matters for me:

with security in focus.

1. I apply for team member for the Security Team.
2. I can dedicate 4-8 hours a week (and more if needed - in areas that interest me ;-)
3. I have the following skills: working with pc software development and server solutions for the last +20 years - both as a programmer and teamleader. Has been especially interested in security hardening for the last 5 years. Has been running (on private basis) on SME since 5.1 (and RH/BSD/SUSE among others) - latest 6.01 has been smoothly upgraded since 5.1. Has currently +4 SME 6.01 servers running in a private test project - is able to perform verification of security as well as penetration tests.
4. Just as a member/tester - too mutch to do as a leader ;-) (and others would probably be happy to be a leader)...

Best regards
Anders - Denmark

lancew

I'll Help!
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2004, 10:05:14 AM »
1. I apply for team member for the documentation team.
2. I can dedicate 5 hours a week
3. I have the following skills Small Perl, lots of documentation experience. (Mainly user level)

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
RE: WANTED: Team leaders & members
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2004, 05:42:15 PM »
I am willing to help.  The problem is, I don't know much about linux and therefore I feel that I would be best suited to testing.  But will have a go!
Regards
M0GLJ
I am new to SAIL SME Server v8b6 and have been using SME for many years.
I have already done some research and only ask questions if I still can't work it out.

chriskearns

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2004, 02:22:36 PM »
1. I'd like to work on the Update team.
 2. I can dedicate 4 hours a week
 3. I have worked with Samba, qmail, apache, clamav packages
 4. 10 years experience with Linux and OSS, with skills in system admin, C and Java programming.
 5. Particularly interested in replacing Small Business Server with SME Server.

kkolle

Re: WANTED: Team leaders & members
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2004, 08:40:21 PM »
Quote from: "guest22"
Hi all,

1. I apply for 'team member / team leader' for the ... team.
2. I can dedicate ..... hours a week
3. I have the following skills ....
4. Leader or member...

1. I apply for team leader or team member for the Template Team.
2. I can dedicate 2-10 hours a week depending on my other tasks
3. Software Engineer (B. Sc. E.E 1987) , Director of a small consultant company, Initiator of the EUDP development process (www.eudp.net), C++ and, I am afraid, no Perl experience but willing to learn. Unix and Linux development since 1988.
4. Leader/coordinator/developer

If my skills can be used in other teams I am ready for what ever comes up.

shanen

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2004, 02:38:28 AM »
I can make myself available for 5 hrs per week building test boxes and posting results or whatever is required...

Shane