Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

WANTED: Team leaders & members

wallyrp

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2004, 04:19:16 AM »
Good Evening,

Just popping in here, good to see something is happening. My schedule went to hell in a hand basket after July 12. I haven't had a spare moment to breathe much less spend time with my five kids.

I'm not a programmer by any means. I know enough about Linux to probably be dangerous. Here's what I can provide, write, proofread, and finalize documents before publishing. I'm the type of person that types a letter and mails out the letter three days later after extensive proofreading and correction.

If someone can provide a rough draft, I can clean it up and put it with a template grammatically correct. The amount of time that I have still heavily depends on my schedule. If an amount of time is needed, then let's look at a bare minimmum of one hour per week.

ejfowler

Application
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2004, 06:35:50 AM »
Hi,

I've been a happy SOHO user of SME server for 2 years, and a Linux hobbyist for 4 or so. I believe I've finally achieved enough skill to contribute in a worthwhile fashion, but I'm no developer. I'm good with system administration, packaging and testing. I follow instructions well, and can dedicate 5-10 hours a week as a member of one or more of the security, release and update teams.

I also have a couple of smp boxes to use test or build rigs. They have to remain here. I have DSL, and thus limited outbound bandwidth, but I'm willing to set up shell access for other team members. Data storage and backup are no problem.  

One minor wrinkle... I work as an electrical systems SME for a major telecom provider. I'm on a disaster recovery team with national scope.  Although rare, I've been called out at a moments notice and engaged for 2-3 weeks at a time. The last time this happened was when hurricane Isabel flooded Baltimore. If I'm called out, all other pursuits are put on hold. I hope this doesn't limit my chances of being a team member. I'm looking forward to giving something back to the Linux community, and can't think of a better place to start than with contribs.org.

Eric

Offline girkers

• +0/-0
    • gk computer services
Help you I wil
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2004, 12:29:29 PM »
I have the following skills in:
* doc writing (Manuals/How Tos)
* Javascript, HTML, CSS
* Test Stuff

I'm not a programmers asshole, but I have many skills in many areas and am always willing to learn.  This is a great product and you can't beat the price.  If I help with just one thing I would feel I would have achieved something.

I would be able to dedicate approximately 4 hours a week depending on workloads at home.

Offline genzil

• +0/-0
    • http://www.tuxx.org.uk
Re: WANTED: Team leaders & members
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2004, 05:01:01 PM »
Hi,

I would like to help on the Release and Update team, I can provide a few hours of time each week with larger chunks at various points during the year.

Thanks

Craig
Smile :-)......

SharedMedia

Sure..
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2004, 12:53:40 AM »
:lol: Count Me In!

jessihash

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2004, 09:00:23 AM »
Hello,

I installed SME 6.01 a few months ago, and I'm pretty happy with it.

I'm not a programmer, but I have some experience working with Linux and I can spend time (say 4 hours a week) testing the new version on a dedicated hardware. I can also help with French translation or correction.

Tell me if I can give you some help

(Sorry for my bad English)  :-D

Thanks
Jessihash

Offline kmccarn

• +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2004, 01:26:42 PM »
1. I apply for 'team member / team leader' for the UPDATE team.
2. I can dedicate 2 hours a week
3. I have the following skills - persistence and dedication. And lots of spare hardware for test beds.
4. Leader or member (either)

:-o
Kevin in WV 8-)......

plog

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2004, 05:18:15 PM »
1. I apply for 'team member' : support in any way I can
2. I can dedicate 5 hours a week
3. I have the following skills :
   pretty good skills in PHP, Apache, Mysql, Subversion.
   (programming & config).

I'm ok with shell, Perl beginer.
   Speak english like a spanish cow.
4. member...

I can translate docs in French, setup tests
environnements, debug them, look for updates, use
my 512Ko cable line (fixed IP) to host stuff.

What else...

Patrick LOGÉ (Vox Teneo)

dzeanah

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2004, 08:06:16 AM »
New here, but have used e-smith/SME Server off and on for a few years now.  I'd love to see the project grow and succeed - I'd rather have clients pay me to set this up than build my own system to sell (my plan when coming back from vacation, though that was going to be FreeBSD based...)

I'm self-employed, so time commitments vary, but here's my best estimate:

1. Put me on the documentation/forum/advocacy team.  
2. I can dedicate 5-15 hours a week
3. I have the following skills: am in touch with the project's main user base (small- to medium-sized businesses looking for a simple, maintainable, all-in-one solution) daily; can write with some proficiency; am very comfortable with unix environments.  For the rest, please ask -- I'm more versatile than most, though some skills (like programming in a formal language) are rusty.  If'n ya need help in a particular area, I'll be happy to bring myself up to speed and do what I can.
4. Leader or member...

strawb

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2004, 04:34:47 PM »
I apply for 'team member / team leader' for the Security team.
I can dedicate 4 - 10 hours a week

I have the following skills in:
more then 20 years experience with unix.
expert in database, c++, java

Leader or member of Security, Release or Update

donaldrb

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2004, 10:21:01 PM »
I'd like to see this project succeed and I'd like to assist in any way I can.

1) My background is in the training, training development and documentation arena, so that's probably where my strength can be leveraged with respect to this project.

While I have programming experience (Assembler and Pascal, Forth), it's nothing particularly recent.  

I do have some limited experience with Unix & linux and am looking to improve my fluency.  I've been using SME for a few years, but I've just started getting into playing with the linux OS faily recently.

2) 5 Hours/week
3) Documentation, Training Development, Bug Reporting
4) Member

Offline steve

• +0/-0
Join as team member....
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2004, 01:47:17 AM »
I would like to provide help as a team member several hours per week.

I have used SME since the e-smith 4.0 days. I was an e-smith reseller for a short while before the Mitel move.

Documenttation
    Bug resolution
    Testing
    Junior coder .i.e. take direction from seasoned coder
    Team member for now
    Administration
Steve Lewis
Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S.A.............

gla

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2004, 11:02:16 AM »
Hello,

I would like to provide help as team manager
I'm the founder and the leader of the french project SMERP.
This project based on SME wants to provide a distribution more dedicated to SMB
I work with SME since 3 years
I'm IT consultant and project manager
I have an experience of 15 years in Unix / Linux
I have good knowledge in SQL databases, web technologies (Apache, PHP), security and development (PERL, C, ...)
I can translate or write documentations

I can work in any team and I can dedicate 8 to 10 hours a week to this project

Penguinista

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2004, 10:47:57 PM »
If volunteers are still being accepted (will Lycoris continue to work with the existing community?).

I will volunteer for the Documentation team, as a member or leader.
I can dedicate at least 10 hours a week, more if needed.
My strengths and skills are in documentation and project management (which is what I currently do). I know a little perl -- just enough to be dangerous.
I am willing to operate in either member or leader role.

Penguinista

allanwright

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2004, 11:07:34 PM »
Was thinking of volunteering on following basis,
1. Team member/team leader either release or update
2. I can dedicate 5+ hrs per week
3. I have some 30 years, experience, variety of languages, some Perl, more PHP, some Unix/Linux, extensive database/SQL including Mysql and Postgres, some product development, considerable project planning, release manegement and managerial experience, SME 5.1.2 onwards
4. Leader or member
But what changes does the Lycoris involvement make?