Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Ingo filters not working after upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1

Offline harshl

• +0/-0
« on: January 09, 2007, 07:45:46 PM »
I have recently upgraded from 7.0 prod to 7.1 and now when people log into the webmail interface their filters are not working.
My personal filter options are set to apply filter options when INBOX is displayed, and to allow filters on any mailbox.
I have one rule that seems to work and the rest do not, I have tried modifying the rules to do exact matches, partial matches, etc. Nothing seems to help.
I just tried deleting one of the rules completely and recreated it, I am now waiting on email to come in to see if the new rule works or not.
Anyone else had a similar experience before I report it as a bug?

Thanks,
-Landon
-Landon

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
Re: Ingo filters not working after upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 11:50:58 PM »
Quote from: "harshl"
I have recently upgraded from 7.0 prod to 7.1 and now when people log into the webmail interface their filters are not working.
My personal filter options are set to apply filter options when INBOX is displayed, and to allow filters on any mailbox.
I have one rule that seems to work and the rest do not, I have tried modifying the rules to do exact matches, partial matches, etc. Nothing seems to help.
I just tried deleting one of the rules completely and recreated it, I am now waiting on email to come in to see if the new rule works or not.
Anyone else had a similar experience before I report it as a bug?

Thanks,
-Landon

I can't duplicate this.  I have tested this on my test server and the rules work fine for me.  You do know that ingo rules are client side rules?  Yes, from your post, it looks like you do?

Is this a fresh install, or upgrade from 6.x to 7, then to 7.1?  If upgrade, then there is a php script you have to run to migrate your 1.x filters to 2.x.

John

JB

Offline harshl

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 11:58:22 PM »
I appreciate the reply.
It is a clean install of 7.0 upgraded to 7.1. Thank you for testing it for me. I should know by tonight if the one I deleted and recreated is working or not.

Thank you,
-Landon
-Landon

Offline harshl

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 06:28:43 PM »
I am not sure what is going on here, but ever since I upgraded to 7.1 my Ingo webmail filters have been horribly unreliable.
Some messages get filtered others don't. If I delete one of the match string from a rule and add it back in, it will work for a while and then stop again.

Anyone else having similar behavior?

My rules are matching as follows:

Rule Name: SMEEmails
For an incoming message that matches: Any of the following
From   Contains   anonymous@domain.com
or From   Contains   sme7admin-daemon@domain.com
or From   Contains   root@domain.com
Do this: Deliver to folder   ServerStats
Mark message as: none checked
Stop checking if this rule matches: not checked

This rule worked yesterday when I deleted and recreated each of the "from contains" line items. However this morning when I logged in, some rules processed and this one (and several others) did not. None of the rules are checked to stop checking when matched, so that is not stopping it.

I have a total of 10 filters, plus the white and blacklists, the order is such that they are not affecting each other. Of the 10 filters each contains a minimum of 2 address types to match.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Landon
-Landon

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 07:17:06 PM »
I am not sure what is going on here, but ever since I upgraded to 7.1 my Ingo webmail filters have been horribly unreliable.

Please report upgrade problems via the Bug Tracker, and only via the Bug Tracker. Thanks.

Offline harshl

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 06:41:30 PM »
Is it a bug? That is what I am trying to verify from other users. Does the bug tracker serve the same purpose? I have never used it.
-Landon

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 06:58:23 PM »
Is it a bug? That is what I am trying to verify from other users. Does the bug tracker serve the same purpose? I have never used it.

If you are not getting the results you expect, then you should file a bug.  You will get more response there than here.   Just becuase I said I couldn't duplicate it, doesn't mean there isn't a bug.  Maybe I didn't do the exact things you did.  When you file the bug, explain exactly what you did and is much detail.

John

Offline harshl

• +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 10:18:26 PM »
Will do, thanks!
-Landon

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 04:39:15 AM »
Landon,

You still having this issue?  I may now be running into it as well.  What I am seeing is that if I create an or rule, then the rule is only honoring the last item.  

i.e. I have a rule setup for my boys that says if from doesn't contain domaina.com or from doesn't contain domainb.com or from doesn't contain domainc.com then delete message completely.  If I send a message from domaina and domainb, then message get deleted.  If I send a message from domainc, then only is the mail is delivered.  

This is not how it worked with horde 3.0x.  I have had this rule in place for well over a year on all of my boys' accounts.  I am setting back up a test 6.5 server with the horde 3.0x components to further verify before I start asking on the ingo list.

John Bennett

Offline harshl

• +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 06:56:06 AM »
John,

Sorry to hear you are having the same trouble. I have gone into the database, and it appears that the rules are being stored properly in the database, or at least the phrases I have told it to match are present. I have verified on my system as well that it is indeed only processing the last part of any one rule.

Let me know if you get anywhere on the Ingo mailing list. Also, if I can help in any way, if I can provide anything that would help figure out what is going on let me know.

Thanks,
-Landon
-Landon

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »
Quote from: "mrjhb3"

You still having this issue?

If anyone is, the Bug Tracker is the tool to use to track the issue. Thanks.

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 05:14:09 PM »
Quote from: "CharlieBrady"
Quote from: "mrjhb3"

You still having this issue?

If anyone is, the Bug Tracker is the tool to use to track the issue. Thanks.

The horde list is where I will start first, then move to our bug tracker if anything is confirmed.  I don't want to be trying to track this in two different places if this turns out to be user error and not product related.

Offline harshl

• +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 01:37:10 AM »
Agreed.
-Landon

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 11:02:59 PM »
I have opened this bug on bugs.horde.org, http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=5014.  When I get an answer from it, I'll take the appropriate actions for SME.

John

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 11:06:35 PM »
The fix is here - http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=4618.  This should show up in the next version of ingo.  I have tested it and now my filters are working as I expect.

John