Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[ANNOUNCE] smeserver-htbwshaper-0.1.0-ASP_1.noarch.rpm

[ANNOUNCE] smeserver-htbwshaper-0.1.0-ASP_1.noarch.rpm
« on: February 12, 2009, 05:18:29 PM »
Hi !

We developed a contrib based on the "wondershaper" script, which can be used to add quality of service support to SME 7.x.
Currently, the main topic of this contrib is to allow prioritization of voip traffic over all other kinds of traffic.
A server manager plugin had been added to this contrib, to allow some parameters to be tuned.
Only french translation of the server manager plugin is available. English one may follow as soon as possible.

RPM and SRPM can be found here :

http://docs.asperience.fr/sme/smeserver-htbwshaper-0.1.0-ASP_1.noarch.rpm
http://docs.asperience.fr/sme/smeserver-htbwshaper-0.1.0-ASP_1.src.rpm
guilloting@asperience.fr

Regards,
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:04:40 AM by ThouveninRomain »

Offline Daniel B.

• +0/-0
    • Firewall Services, la sécurité des réseaux
Re: [ANNOUNCE] smeserver-htbwshaper-0.1.0-ASP_1.noarch.rpm
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 06:01:20 PM »
Hi, this is just great. I had this on my todo list for a while, I can remove it now ;)

I've just installed it on a test server and haven't really tried it yet.

Just some suggestions:
- it'd be great to also specify custom hight priority ports/proto, for example, we often use IAX as VoIP protocole.
- templates should be in /etc/e-smith/templates instead of /etc/e-smith/templates-custom

If I find some time, I'll try to give you some patchs to enhance this contrib (for example, the possibility to add a priority key in the DB for each service, so we could set SMTP and HTTP to low priority etc...)

Anyway, thanks for the contrib.

Best regards
C'est la fin du monde !!! :lol:

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 06:22:11 PM »
We developed a contrib based on the "wondershaper" script, which can be used to add quality of service support to SME 7.x.
Any change of your contrib being added to the SME contribs CVS and smecontribs repository as described in http://wiki.contribs.org/Package_Modification ?
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline ASPerience

• +0/-0
    • ASPerience
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 10:03:41 AM »
As this is our first official contrib to SME, I admit we are not fully aware of all the steps needed to add our work to the official contrib tree.

Be sure all that is needed will be done ASAP.

Regards.

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 10:19:11 AM »
As this is our first official contrib to SME, I admit we are not fully aware of all the steps needed to add our work to the official contrib tree.

Be sure all that is needed will be done ASAP.
Great, I am glad to help you when you are having difficulties getting setup/configured.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline soprom

• +0/-0
    • www.logiciel-libre.org
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 08:20:34 PM »
Merci pour cette contribution!

I tried installing the rpm and got errors. The server is sme7.4 with affa, selintra.714 and ejabberd:

Migrating existing database selintra
SELMERGE - doing MTIME Conversion
SELMERGE - Nothing to do - MTIME already installed
SELMERGE - Tuples Deleted 45, Tuples Added 45, Messages 118
setting environment...
Reset...
ERROR in /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/02Interface: Program fragment delivered error <<Can't call method "get_prop" on an undefined value at /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/02Interface line 5.>> at template line 1
ERROR in /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/10RTPportStart: Program fragment delivered error <<Can't call method "get_prop" on an undefined value at /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/10RTPportStart line 5.>> at template line 1
ERROR in /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/11RTPportEnd: Program fragment delivered error <<Can't call method "get_prop" on an undefined value at /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/11RTPportEnd line 5.>> at template line 1
ERROR in /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/12SIPport: Program fragment delivered error <<Can't call method "get_prop" on an undefined value at /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/12SIPport line 5.>> at template line 1
ERROR in /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/13debitup: Program fragment delivered error <<Can't call method "get_prop" on an undefined value at /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/13debitup line 5.>> at template line 1
ERROR in /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/14debitdown: Program fragment delivered error <<Can't call method "get_prop" on an undefined value at /etc/e-smith/templates-custom//etc/htbwshaper/14debitdown line 5.>> at template line 1
ERROR: Template processing failed for //etc/htbwshaper: 6 fragments generated errors
 at /sbin/e-smith/expand-template line 45
sh: /etc/htbwshaper: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
sh: /etc/htbwshaper: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
erreur: %post(smeserver-htbwshaper-0.1.0-ASP_1.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
[

then when I removed it:
# rpm -e smeserver-htbwshaper-0.1.0-ASP_1
rm: ne peut enlever `/home/e-smith/db/htbwshaper': Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
Migrating existing database selintra
SELMERGE - doing MTIME Conversion
SELMERGE - Nothing to do - MTIME already installed
SELMERGE - Tuples Deleted 45, Tuples Added 45, Messages 118
setting environment...
Reset...

An empty folder was left behind:
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/htbwshaper
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:25:00 PM by soprom »
Sophie from Montréal

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 08:34:34 AM »
Could be failing due to -714 Sophie - there is a problem with it stopping the migrate run.  It may be nothing to do with this new contrib.  You might want to try with -716 instead of -714

Kind Regards

Jeff