Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Server Manager not available after update to 9.2

Offline bclayton

• +0/-0
Server Manager not available after update to 9.2
« on: May 02, 2017, 04:53:34 PM »
I just updated from 9.1 to 9.2 and something did not go right.  I have access to my server via the Internet, but not via LAN nor SSH.  When I try to access Server Manager via the console, it tells me that my login is incorrect. What is the best way to solve?  Thanks.

Offline Daniel B.

• +0/-0
    • Firewall Services, la sécurité des réseaux
Re: Server Manager not available after update to 9.2
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 05:43:01 PM »
Please be more descriptive. What do you mean by "access via Internet" ? And what do you mean by "not via LAN nor SSH".

Cheers,
Daniel
C'est la fin du monde !!! :lol:

Offline bclayton

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
Thank you.  The server runs a couple of websites and they can be accessed via the Internet.  When I try to access Server Manager via my local network, I can't.  The server is set up as server and gateway-dedicated, static IP addresses. Also, from a computer on my local network I can't access the server via putty, the connection times out.  What other information can I provide that would be helpfull?  Thanks.

Offline Daniel B.

• +0/-0
    • Firewall Services, la sécurité des réseaux
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 05:59:01 PM »
What do you mean by "you can't" You have a timeout too ? SSH access might be disabled, but access to the server-manager should be working from the LAN. You should open a bug on https://bugs.contribs.org with all the details so we can have a closer look at this.
C'est la fin du monde !!! :lol:

Offline bclayton

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »
Yes, the LAN connection times out like the SSH.  SSH was enabled at the time of the update. I will open a bug.  Thanks.

Offline bclayton

• +0/-0
[Solved]Re: Server Manager not available after update to 9.2
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 06:09:24 PM »
Thanks to the folks on the Bug team, my problem has been resolved. There was an error in the subnet mask setting.  I continue to be impressed with the help the folks here provide. It is outstanding!

Offline brianr

• +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 08:44:11 AM »
for completeness (and anyone reading this and wanting to see the details), can you post a link to the bugzilla entry please?

https://bugs.contribs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10260
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:03:57 AM by TerryF »
Brian j Read
(retired, for a second time, still got 2 installations though)
The instrument I am playing is my favourite Melodeon.